Thursday, December 15, 2011

True Reasons Behind Becoming a Foster Parent

A year ago, I decieded to become a foster parent but didn't pursue the process until a year later. It's been interesting to hear and see the different reactions received from different individuals with whom I've shared the news:

  • Why on earth would you want to be a foster parent?
  • Why would you want to care for some other persons child?
  • Aww thats really noble of you
  • Bless your heart
  • You have so much to offer those children
  • I heard alot of people do it for the money, but you seem to care less about the money!
Let me explain something, each of us holds a purpose while on this earth. Even though my parents physically abused me and didn't shower me with love, I have what it takes to care for each foster child who may enter my home. I believe by experiencing what a parent shouldn't be, and god protecting me from the face of death.....was gods way of molding and training me for such a role as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment